The status of an invoice can be updated a few different ways and may be updated at any time. The first option is to select Actions in the right column of the general invoice page for any given invoice. A menu will then appear with various options to select from, including:
- Mark Items as Received – select this option if all items have been received
- Mark Items as Not Received – select this option if none of the items have been received
- Mark Items as Pending – this is the default status
- Mark Invoice as Void – select this option if the order has been cancelled or otherwise voided
- Don't Include in Budget – select this option if instructed by corporate
You may also update the status of an invoice from within the invoice itself. When you click into a given invoice you will see the same blue Actions button appear in the upper right corner – when clicked, you will see the same options as mentioned above, plus the option to "Edit Message".
The Edit Message option will allow you to leave a note on the invoice regarding a specific item/s to help clarify a "Partial" or "Not Received" status for your practice or corporate group:
The third and final way to update the status of an invoice is to update the Received field for each item within the invoice. Simply enter the quantity that your practice has received. If a given item has not yet been delivered, leave a 0 in this field:
If only a portion of the ordered quantity for any item has been marked as received, the invoice will be listed as "Partially Received".