Section 1: How to restore a shopping cart
Vetcove offers the ability to view and restore recent shopping carts for any of your vendors! This feature will be especially useful if you accidentally remove an item from your cart, or accidentally clear your cart. Here's how it works:
1. When you're in a pickle and need to view your recent cart history, simply head to the Vetcove cart page for a given vendor, and click on the "Restore Cart" button that appears at the top of the cart.
2. Your recent carts will then appear in a descending list, with your most recent cart at the top. To view the items included in a given cart, simply click on the desired cart, and a dropdown will appear with the relevant items.
3. To bring these items back to your current shopping cart, simply click the blue "Restore" button and you will be all set!
Section 2: How to save a shopping cart for later
Vetcove also offers the ability to create and save shopping carts to place at a later date!
When you create a shopping cart for one of your vendors on Vetcove, you can now click "Save Cart" to add all of those items (including quantity!) to a Saved Cart. You may then continue shopping and creating new carts as needed.
When you're ready to place your order, you can restore your Saved Cart back into your current shopping cart. Plus, you can save multiple carts at a time for multiple vendors! Here's how it works.
1. Once you've created a shopping cart that you're ready to Save, click on "Save Cart"
2. You then have the option to clear your shopping cart once it's saved, or keep everything in your current shopping cart.
3. You also have the option to add a custom name to any Saved Cart and view which user created it. To add a Custom Name to a Saved Cart, first Save your desired cart using the instructions above.
Then, you'll want to visit your Saved Carts page and click Edit on the right side of the cart you wish to name. You'll then be able to type in a custom cart name in the Cart Name Column! You'll also be able to view which user was logged/which user created the saved cart in the Saved By column.
4. After you save your cart, it will take you to your Saved Carts page where you can view and manage all of your Saved Carts. Note that you can save multiple carts per vendor and they are organized by creation date and time. The newest carts are listed at the top while older saved carts are near the bottom!
5. If you would like to purchase the items you've saved, you can click "Restore" to move those items back into that vendor's current shopping cart. You will also be given the option to remove anything previously in your cart and replace them with the items in your saved cart, or you may combine your saved cart with the previously existing cart, all together in one new current cart.
6. You will then be taken to your current shopping cart for that vendor, where you can begin the checkout process! You can go back and view your Saved Carts at any time by clicking on the Saved Carts button at the top of your Shopping Carts page.
Section 3: How to Save Items for Later
Needing to remove an item from your cart that you know you may want to purchase later on? Vetcove now offers the ability to save items in your shopping cart for later!
To utilize this feature, head to your shopping cart page. At the bottom of each item you've selected, you will see the option to "save item for later." Click on this box for each item you want to save.
Following this action, the items you have selected will be moved to a separate "Items Saved for Later" list at the bottom of each of your vendor carts. Here, you can view every item you have saved for that vendor. When you are ready to bring an item back into your cart, simply select "move to cart." This will bring the item back into your shopping cart, where it will be ready for purchase once again! You may also select "remove" if you wish to delete an item entirely from your saved list.
This feature may be especially useful if you have built a large shopping cart, and are looking to archive just a few select items, rather than saving your entire cart. However, if you wish to save all the items in your cart for later, you have the option to do so! At the top of each vendor cart, you may select "Save All for Later" which will save all items in your cart.
Likewise, if you have multiple items saved for later, and you wish to move all of these items back into your cart at once, simply select "Move All to Cart."
Section 4: Switching Items Between Suppliers
Did an item suddenly go out of stock while in your cart? Do you need to meet the shipping minimum for a different vendor? No worries! You can now easily switch items between your vendor carts!
Clicking the Switch Supplier button brings up a small window showing you other vendor options for this specific item. This window will show pricing and stock information for each alternative vendor.
You can select an alternate vendor by clicking the green "+" icon. This will move the item from one vendor's cart to the newly selected vendor's cart. Please note that the price will be updated to the price offered by the vendor you just switched to.
Section 5: Printing Supplier Cart(s) on Vetcove
You can now easily print your cart right from the Vetcove Carts page.
First, navigate to the carts page. In case you are unfamiliar with the Carts page, you can find a link to our article about accessing your carts here.
Once you are on the Carts page, you can print from any cart by clicking on the Print button at the top of the cart view. This will bring up your internet browser's print settings — click Print and you are good to go!
Printing the Combined Cart
When printing your combined cart, you may find that your print preview is missing the leftmost column that indicates which distributor you are purchasing your item from. This can be fixed by changing your print settings to include background images and graphics.
On Google Chrome, this can easily be changed in the print preview screen (what you will see after you've clicked Print from the Carts page). On the left side of the window, click on + More Settings, then check the box next to "Background graphics". Your print preview will update automatically to include the vendor logo next to each product.
On Internet Explorer, you will have to make this change before clicking print on Vetcove. First, click on the gear icon in the top right corner. Hover over Print (the first option in the drop down list), then select "Print preview..." from the menu that appears. This will open up a window showing you what your print will look like. If you do not see the vendor logos on the right, click the Page Setup gear icon that appears in the toolbar at the top left of the window, and a menu window will appear. Check the box next to "Print Background Colors and Images" and click OK. The preview will refresh and the vendor logos should now appear. You can print right from this screen by clicking the Print icon.
For further assistance, or if you have questions, please feel free to reach out to the Vetcove team using our Live Chat (the blue icon in the bottom right corner of your Vetcove account) or email firstname.lastname@example.org