Vetcove now integrates with select PIMS to help practices track and order inventory with ease, all in one location. By connecting your Provet Cloud account to Vetcove, you will be able to:
- Manage Lists – shop your PIMS lists directly on Vetcove
- View Quantities – view your quantity on hand and reorder points
- Sync Purchase Orders – purchase orders will automatically be synced
Step 1: Connecting with Provet Cloud
To connect your Provet Cloud account with Vetcove, please head to the More tab at the top of your Vetcove screen and select "PIMS Integration". On this Connect page, you will see the option to select Provet Cloud. Please click on the box for Provet Cloud and scroll down to view your linking instructions:
- Log into to your Provet Cloud account at https://provetcloud.com/YourIdHere
- Once logged into your Provet Cloud account, select the "Settings" button from the menu on the left side of your page
- Click on "Integrations" from the list on the General Settings page
- Scroll down to the "API Tokens" section
- If there are no existing Vetcove API tokens displayed in this section, click the "+ Add" button on the right side. If there is at least one Vetcove API token displayed in the table, skip to step 7.
- After clicking the "+ Add" button, please enter or select the information as follows:
- Enter "Vetcove" for the Description
- Select your User
- Select Administrator for the Permission group
- Make sure the "Is supertoken" box is checked
- Copy the "Key" value listed for the Vetcove API token in the table. This should be a long string of random letters and numbers.
- Paste that value into the "API KEY" textbox on Vetcove below
- Enter your Provet Cloud ID from the URL used to log into Provet Cloud into the "PROVET ID" textbox below (Example: the Provet Cloud ID for https://provetcloud.com/3116/dashboard/ would be 3116)
Congratulations! Your Provet Cloud account should now be connected to Vetcove!
Step 2: Connect Provet Cloud Items to Vetcove Items
Once you are successfully connected with Provet Cloud on Vetcove, you will see the following message:
Please click on Manage Connection to continue to initial setup process. You will now see two additional options at the top of your Vetcove PIMS Integration page: Lists and Products.
To ensure that your PIMS lists and product quantities are pulled into Vetcove, and to be able to shop items from your Provet Cloud lists, you will need to link your Provet Cloud products to Vetcove products. This will only need to be done one time around, but can be updated at any point.
Simply click on the Products tab at the top of your page, and click into each item that does not show a green check mark. You may also select the filter for unlinked items from the menu on the left side of this page to view all items that still need to be linked:
When you click on a given item, you will be prompted to search and then select the Vetcove item/s in the left column that you wish to link to the Provet Cloud item listed at the top of the window. Keep in mind that a given Vetcove item can only be linked to a single Provet Cloud item:
Step 3: Shop on Vetcove through your Provet Cloud Lists
Once all relevant Provet Cloud items have been linked to their corresponding Vetcove items, you may view and shop items straight from the Lists page based on reorder points. To shop an item that is included in a Provet Cloud list (Ex. Critical Shortages list) just click on the Show __ Items button.
The item listings will then drop down in the familiar Vetcove shopping format. Using the purchase quantity suggested (based on the optimal quantity entered on Neo for that item) you may then add items to your vendor carts straight from here, just as normal!
Step 4: Shop and Place Orders as Normal
Now, when you place an order on Vetcove it will automatically be sent as a PO to Provet Cloud! Do keep in mind that your Provet Cloud inventory will automatically be synced to Vetcove roughly every 6 hours; however, you may always trigger a manual sync from either the Lists or Products tabs on the Vetcove PIMS page to bring in the latest inventory counts before shopping.
Still have questions about setting up your Provet Cloud integration? Feel free to click on the chat icon at the bottom of your screen to speak directly with one of our team members!